Full Cover Bets
A comprehensive guide about the different types of full cover bets, the number of selections, wagers, and winning requirements for such bets.
A full cover bet is any wager made up of all available multiple bets for a specific number of selections. The idea behind full cover betting is to hedge the risk but full covers do require more cash to start with.
For instance, whilst a regular punter may pick a couple of horses to bet on (win and place, for example), a full cover bettor will pick three to eight runners and place multiple bets to cover all potential combinations.
Think of full cover bets as using a shotgun rather than a sniper.
The most common types of Full Cover bets are:
- Trixie - a wager on three selections consisting of 3 doubles and a treble
- Yankee - a wager on four selections and consisting of 6 doubles, 4 trebles, and a fourfold accumulator
- Super Yankee - a wager on five selections consisting of 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 fourfolds, and a fivefold accumulator
- Heinz - a wager on six selections consisting of 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfolds, 6 fivefolds, and a sixfold accumulator
- Super Heinz - a wager on seven selections consisting of 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfolds, 21 fivefolds, 7 sixfolds, and a sevenfold accumulator.
- Goliath - a wager on eight selections consisting of 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 fourfolds, 56 fivefolds, 28 sixfolds, 8 sevenfolds, and an eightfold accumulator.
Full covers wagers have been enjoyed by punters who go for large prizes and bonuses.
A Trixie bet is a wager on 3 selections consisting of 4 separate bets:
- 3 doubles, and
- 1 treble.
Trixie bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.
A Yankee bet is a wager on 4 selections consisting of 11 separate bets:
- 6 doubles,
- 4 trebles, and
- 1 fourfold accumulator.
Yankee bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.
Super Yankee Bets (Canadian)
A Super Yankee bet, or Canadian bet, is a wager on 5 selections made up of 26 separate bets:
- 10 doubles,
- 10 trebles,
- 5 fourfolds, and
- 1 fivefold accumulator.
Super Yankee bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.
A Heinz bet is a wager on 6 selections made up of 57 separate bets:
- 15 doubles,
- 20 trebles,
- 15 fourfolds,
- 6 fivefolds, and
- 1 sixfold accumulator.
Heinz bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.
As you may have guessed, the Heinz bet is named after H. J. Heinz Company and their advertising slogan counting "57 varieties".
Super Heinz Bets
A Super Heinz bet is a wager on 7 selections made up of 120 separate bets:
- 21 doubles,
- 35 trebles,
- 35 fourfolds,
- 21 fivefolds,
- 7 sixfolds, and
- 1 sevenfold accumulator.
Super Heinz bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.
A Goliath bet is a wager on 8 selections made up of 247 separate bets:
- 28 doubles,
- 56 trebles,
- 70 fourfolds,
- 56 fivefolds,
- 28 sixfolds,
- 8 sevenfolds, and
- 1 eightfold accumulator.
Goliath bets generally require a minimum of 2 selections to be winning.